- About Us
- Services & Activites
- Fairs & Exhibitions
- Media Room
- Contact Us
“Our two countries, both situated in the bright and glorious continent of Asia, India to the south-west and China to the north-east, spread out lordly in different directions but yet are linked up at the main line, just like the two wheels of a carriage or the two wings of a bird.”
---- Chinese Scholar Tan Yun Shan
The essence of Tan Yun Shan’s words best describes the spirit behind the setting up of the India China Economic Council (ICEC). With a historical past, we felt the need to give shape to a fruitful future. Hence ICEC was set up in 2003 with the primary goal of giving more muscle to the relationship between India and China: To ensure that the two governments, our societies and the people understand and address each others’ needs resulting in common goals.
We have come a long way in our journey to build bridges between the two nations. Having started merely with two offices in Delhi and Guangzhou, today we are proud that our efforts have resulted in eleven full-fledged offices in Delhi, Beijing, Mumbai, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Nantong, Chengdu, Bangalore, Kolkata and Ahmedabad.
Some of the biggest names in diplomacy, politics, business, PR and media have joined hands with us in this humble journey. It would not be immodest on our part to claim that our organization enjoys the support and works in close cooperation with government officials and industry leaders from both India and China. The core group comprises experts from the fields of economics and culture with vast experience in both countries.
We basically focus our efforts in four core areas:
- Business development services for Chinese and Indian companies wanting to set up businesses in India and China.
- Research and Advocacy on Indian and Chinese industries and economies.
- Educational activities to promote awareness among the two peoples.
- Cultural exchanges for a better understanding of each other.
We also publish a bi-monthly magazine -- India-China Chronicle -- which contains useful industry oriented research and information for companies having business interest in India and China. It also mirrors the socio-economic and cultural indices of both nations.
We thank you for having visited our site and would be happy to be of any help to you. You may contact us at:
- China says ‘fresh perspective’ on India ties after Li visit
- China realigns India strategy
- Chinese experts warn trade deficit with India set to increase
- Commentary: China, India can be good neighbors, partners
- China, India may seek better quality coal: Clyde Russell
- China, India can build trust: Li
- Time for 'Chindia' JV to combine China-India strengths: Experts